Assault weapons ban dropped, gun advocates attack Feinstein on Twitter
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. the sponsor of the assault weapons ban was told by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid the ban would not be included in the gun package. That prompted some gun advocates to get nasty, tweeting photos of t-shirts with photo of the senator in the cross hairs, and worse.
- Supporters of the ban tweeted their disappointment.
- — akoangpapamo (@akoangpapamo002)Tue, Mar 19 2013 14:07:53Senate Gun Bill Will Exclude Assault Weapons Ban: The Senate next month will consider a bill to increase the p... http://nyti.ms/YSHUPJ
- — Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan)Tue, Mar 19 2013 10:57:27
- — New Vintage Artists (@NVArtists)Tue, Mar 19 2013 13:57:52
- — Matthew J Hall (@mjhall)Tue, Mar 19 2013 14:00:24@SenatorLeahy @SenSanders Disappointed - Assault weapons ban dropped from Senate bill - http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/19/17373761-assault-weapons-ban-dropped-from-senate-bill?lite …wsGovernmentFail3/SickAmerica761-assault-weapons-ban-dropped-from-senate-bill?lite #GovernmentFail #SickAmerica
- — Charles Smith (@Charles96458656)Tue, Mar 19 2013 13:07:47@DianneFeinstein Your efforts to enact gun control are laudable and greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!
- Some opponents of the ban not only threw barbs at Feinstein, but tweeted doctored photographs of former U.S. Rep Gabrielle Giffords - severely wounded in a shooting- holding an assault weapon.
- — John R. Dykstra (@John_R_Dykstra)Tue, Mar 19 2013 13:57:23
- — Calif Gov't Scumbags (@CaGuvScum)Tue, Mar 19 2013 13:10:36GOOD NEWS: #Libtard #DianneFeinstein’s assault weapons ban stopped in Senate http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2013/03/19/dianne-feinstein%e2%80%99s-assault-weapons-ban-dies-in-senate/ …/nGunRightsioGunControl19/dianne-feinstein%e2%80%99s-assault-weapons-ban-dies-in-senate/ #GunRights #GunControl
- Someone photoshopped this photograph of former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was severely wounded in a shooting.
- Last week Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a Republican and California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat, debated gun control.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.