Reaction: Levi's Jeans & 49ers Football
Levi Strauss & Co. will have the naming rights to the new San Francisco 49ers stadium being built in Santa Clara, and the puns have begun. Is it a good fit?
- — San Francisco 49ers (@49ers)Wed, May 08 2013 08:52:58The #49ers and @LEVIS will have a major announcement today at 11am PT. http://blog.49ers.com/2013/05/08/press-conference-at-levis-plaza/ …/08/pre… Watch http://www.49ers.com/live
- Let the Levi's jokes begin, such as a photoshop of 49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh looking alot like another Silicon Valley icon whose jeans were his trademark.
- — Niners Nation (@NinersNation)Wed, May 08 2013 08:58:08
- There, too, is the gold connection. A football team named after the California Gold Rush of 1849 teams up with a jean company old enough to have supplied miners with denim jeans.
- — Ben Maller (@benmaller)Wed, May 08 2013 10:00:44Since denim jeans were first sold to gold miners during the California Gold Rush, its appropriate they sponsor 49ers http://ow.ly/kPIPx
- — Andrew Cohen (@sportingAC)Wed, May 08 2013 09:57:36
- — Janice Hough (@leftcoastbabe)Wed, May 08 2013 09:41:51
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.