Who should be the next Wisconsin coach?
I asked people on Twitter who - realistically - do they want as the next UW coach. For the sake of argument, taking Paul Chryst, Dave Doeren and Barry Alvarez out of the choices.
- — Michael Bender (@MichaelBender)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:49:56
- — Patrick Clark (@PatrickClark05)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:52:30@dave_heller the best proven recruiter available, who plays by the rules, carries self with class and makes alums proud.
- — Steve Collins (@etcollins1)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:56:09@dave_heller Bobby Petrino. Just a thought. Ran clean programs, winner can recruit really well. Down side: he sucks as a human being.
- — Joe Beranek (@Joe_Beranek)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:56:45@dave_heller Bob Diaco or Darrell Bevell. Barry former Notre Dame assistant and Darrell Bevell from the NFL, former UW assistant
- — Jess Walther (@jrwalther)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:57:09
- — David Roberts (@GBDavid9)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:57:32@dave_heller Chris Petersen because he's done a lot with what was originally very little. Can't be easy to recruit but he's done it.
- — Shawn O'Shea (@ShawnOShea90)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:58:21@dave_heller Jim Tressel, even with the strict penalties included in his first year. Not only a god coach, but would keep a big name around
- — Jackson Schmidtke (@schmidtkej)Tue, Dec 04 2012 18:58:57@dave_heller I wouldn't mind seeing Mel Tucker. Former UW player that experienced success here, coached under Nick Saban and has NFL ties.
- — Mike Larsen (@MikeLarsenKN)Tue, Dec 04 2012 19:06:14
- — Bobby Garofalo (@BobGarof)Tue, Dec 04 2012 19:07:25@dave_heller An assistant coach, preferably Ash or Partridge. Would like to see assistants get rewarded for sticking with program.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.