- It began with a simple Tweet...
- Gay rights advocates tweeted their excitement, with some joking that Obama had proven that evolution is more than a theory.
- — HumanRightsCampaign (@HRC)Wed, May 09 2012 11:59:47
- — Susan Russell (@revsusanrussell)Wed, May 09 2012 12:52:05
- Obama's political allies also offered praise.
- — Catholic Democrats (@CatholicDems)Wed, May 09 2012 14:14:58Pres. Lincoln evolved on slavery - Pres. Obama evolved on the civil rights of gay people - it takes a leader to take such political risks
- Some, not so much.
- — Rachel Zoll (@rzollAP)Wed, May 09 2012 14:18:29
- Obama said during his interview that he knows some conservatives will not be happy with the evolution of his views.
- — ReligionNewsService (@ReligionNewsNow)Wed, May 09 2012 12:20:37Obama: “I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people, the word marriage ... invokes very powerful traditions and religious beliefs.”
- And they weren't...
- — Rick Santorum (@RickSantorum)Wed, May 09 2012 14:09:18The charade is over as Pres. Obama makes it clear where he stands on protecting marriage. Read my response here: http://ht.ly/aOcf6
- — Bryan Fischer (@BryanJFischer)Wed, May 09 2012 13:07:27President Obama just stuck a fork in himself. He's done, he's toast, he's in the archives. Hello President Romney.
- — ReligionNewsService (@ReligionNewsNow)Wed, May 09 2012 13:08:21
- — albertmohler (@albertmohler)Wed, May 09 2012 12:15:12Why did Pres. Obama make his same-sex marriage statement now? Wash. Post. reports that 1 in 6 of his most generous fundraisers is openly gay
- — Elizabeth Scalia (@TheAnchoress)Wed, May 09 2012 13:56:17
- Some, like Christianity Today editor David Neff, took a lighter approach to the historic news.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!