The best tweets from Wendy Davis's filibuster
- After about 11 hours spent filibustering a controversial Texas bill that would close hundreds of abortion (SB 5) clinics around the state, Davis was interrupted because she " violated the Texas Senate’s procedural rules for a filibuster, which requires a senator to stand continually without assistance," the Washington Post reported.
This is what happened after that.
- — Statesmanmike (@mikestatesman)Tue, Jun 25 2013 23:14:36Update: Senate vote on SB5 was listed on computer record 30 minutes ago as occurring 6-26. Now shows 6-25, was changed. #txlege
- — Anthony De Rosa (@AntDeRosa)Tue, Jun 25 2013 23:10:35Here's a before and after screen shot of the Texas Senate's official results page for #SB5: http://soupsoup.net/2013/06/26/texas-senate-changes-date-on-their-sb5-results/ …13/06/26/texas-senate-changes-date-on-their-sb5-results/
- — Lark Anderson (@Larrrk)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:51:01Kicker is, thanks to the Internet, 180k people watched this travesty happen even though news networks weren't covering it #standwithwendy
- — Cody Permenter (@somecody)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:54:29
- — Anita/MarriedwDinner (@MarriedWDinner)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:36:52Thank-you notes go here: The (incredibly) Honorable Wendy Davis, Texas State Senate, P.O. Box 12068, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711-2068
- — Boozy Brown Girl (@BoozyBrownGirl)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:48:59
- — Wayne Slater (@WayneSlater)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:44:51
- — Cody Permenter (@somecody)Tue, Jun 25 2013 22:38:47
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 4 already did!