Tweet from Irish Starbucks draws ire from Irish
A corporate Starbucks Twitter account mistakenly indicated that Ireland was part of Great Britain, drawing ire from the Emerald Isle. A handful of responses to the corporate account.
- The tweet that started it all:
- — Starbucks Ireland (@StarbucksIE)Tue, Jun 05 2012 05:45:15
- From there, the floodgates were open.
- Some were clearly angry.
- — Peter Kavanagh (@TheKavOfficial)Tue, Jun 05 2012 09:07:49I am continuing not to buy coffee in @StarbucksIE, not because they're shit at Geography, but because they're shit at coffee.
- — Philip O'Connor (@philipoconnor)Tue, Jun 05 2012 06:59:14
- Some were a bit sarcastic.
- — Martyn Rosney (@martynrosney)Tue, Jun 05 2012 06:20:57
- — Jim Sheridan (@Jim_Sheridan)Tue, Jun 05 2012 08:59:42I'm not upset at @StarbucksIE calling us British .. I'm more upset at using the phrase "Happy Hour" without alcohol being involved :)
- And a few employed the "fake retweet" method.
- — AstonishingSod (@AstonishingSod)Tue, Jun 05 2012 08:26:14RT @StarbucksIE I say, Paddy, what would you do for some cheaper coffee, eh? Would you dance a jig on the lawn while I shoot your legs?
- — Jennifer O'Connell (@jenoconnell)Tue, Jun 05 2012 06:35:20Only 4m people who read this tweet spotted the mistake RT @StarbucksIE Happy hour is on! Show us what makes you proud to be British
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- Yvonne MPutting the "Ire" in Ireland! Whoo hoo!2012-06-07T14:36:32.793Z