Happy Birthday, Tina Fey!
We're lizzing all over ourselves celebrating Tina Fey's 42nd birthday! Let's take a look back at our five favorite videos she's starred in. Curated by @jordan327 for @dailydot.
- Tina Fey's first commercial is so wonderfully awkward and awful. It's for a bank and the commercial is just as stuffy and safe as you'd expect a bank commercial to be. Hi, Tina! Glad you moved on from this.
- Her 2004 film Mean Girls starring a possibly sober Lindsay Lohan was Fey's finest movie. Fey wrote and starred in the hit that gave us memorable lines like "You go, Glen Coco," and "There's a 30 percent chance that it's already raining!" Fey did fail at making "that's so fetch" popular, though.
- Obviously Fey's shining moment is her dead-on impersonation of Sarah Palin. Her folksy accent, over-simplified world views, and trademark bangs pretty much ruined Palin's chances of helping John McCain win. That damn "gotcha" media is at it again.
- If you haven't watched Fey's acceptance speech for the prestigious Mark Twain award in 2011, just clear out the rest of your day's appointments and watch it now. Fey at her best.
- Her NBC comedy 30 Rock is probably the best television show to ever happen. Ever. It would be impossible to pick one clip so this "Shit Liz Lemon Says" parody will have to do.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.