Look for social justice, maybe find love
The new Twitter account @ManifDating hopes to become the go-to account for Quebec student protesters looking for love along with affordable tuition.
- Its first post was straightforward enough and entirely non-political.
- Of course, given the background that led to its creation, it couldn't stay entirely nonpolitical for too long:
- The account's early followers were happy to mix flirtatious banter with political commentary.
- Some people, however, responded with a certain ennui. (The English translation for this next tweet? "Should have known that it was coming....")
- But that did little to dissuade @ManifDating, who still hopes lovers planning a romantic night of protest will let him (or her) know.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.