The Internet reacts to Bryan Goldberg’s Bustle.com launch
Twitter handed Bustle creator Bryan Goldberg a giant "You Tried" sticker, which is one of those memes Goldberg says more women's mags should be covering.
- — Debra Borchardt (@WallandBroad)Wed, Aug 14 2013 09:19:26Bleacher Report founder raises $6.5m to start a site geared towards us gals and names it "Bustle". 1880's lingerie? #FAIL
- — Caitlin Kelly (@atotalmonet)Tue, Aug 13 2013 14:28:32"The "bustle" name has several meanings, and for me, the primary meaning is the first one that appears in the dictionary." mansplain: (v.) t
- — Kayleigh (@queenoftartan)Wed, Aug 14 2013 09:13:00I certainly wouldn't use a website called fucking "BUSTLE". Implies silly little wimmin fretting about doilies and stove blackening.
- — Mike Isaac (@MikeIsaac)Tue, Aug 13 2013 17:04:26"feminism is super important. also we should work the word 'bust' into our site name." -- this dude's thought process http://pandodaily.com/2013/08/13/ive-raised-6-5-million-to-build-and-grow-my-new-company-bustle-com/ …2013/08/13/ive-raised-6-5-million-to-build-and-grow-my-new-company-bustle-com/
- — Hillary L Johnson (@hillaryjohnson)Wed, Aug 14 2013 07:29:18
- — Gabrielle (@GabDolceamore)Wed, Aug 14 2013 04:36:30An article in which a sexist moron answers his own questions. @bgoldberg http://pandodaily.com/2013/08/13/ive-raised-6-5-million-to-build-and-grow-my-new-company-bustle-com/ …2013/08/13/ive-raised-6-5-million-to-build-and-grow-my-new-company-bustle-com/
- — Alexis Lloyd (@alexislloyd)Wed, Aug 14 2013 07:22:09Actually looking at the @bustle website only makes it worse. Tone deaf editing, anemic stories, the worst case of style over substance.
- — Alyssa Wolff (@alyssawolff)Wed, Aug 14 2013 08:50:50http://Bustle.com ALLY a way to convince people I am reading about world news and politics while I'm busy memorizing beauty tips.
- — jess furseth (@jessicafurseth)Wed, Aug 14 2013 02:08:42“Isn’t it time for women’s publ that puts news+politics alongside beauty tips?” Actually no, that time ended 50y ago. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jmaureenhenderson/2013/08/13/is-bleacher-report-founders-womens-site-bustle-doomed-to-be-a-6-5m-bust/ …sites/jmaureenhenderson/2013/08/13/is-bleacher-report-founders-womens-site-bustle-doomed-to-be-a-6-5m-bust/
- — Scott Smith (@ourmaninchicago)Wed, Aug 14 2013 07:41:36I'm mostly befuddled by @bustle but a tagline of "Redefining Women's Interest" is probably a good place to start with its flaws.
- — Kyle Maxwell (@kylemaxwell)Wed, Aug 14 2013 08:28:50
- — Kyle Russell (@kylebrussell)Wed, Aug 14 2013 08:42:11How to Bustle a post: Take a "feminist" angle that's actually condescending to women "@MikeIsaac: will bustle be the 'snowfall' of feminism"
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!