The debate: #Guncontrol, #mentalillness and #SandyHook
Conservative thinker David Frum was one of the first to urge Americans to tackle the issue of what he calls a "permissive gun regime” behind recent mass shootings, with a bitter tweet. Will the debate continue and carry into the political sphere?
- And then it went viral
- Frum shot back and filed a column
- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who spoke out after the Aurora, Colo. shootings in July, renewed his campaign.
- And the debate picked up steam, with all the Sunday morning political programs and news sites devoting time to the discussion.
- The National Rifle Association halted posting to its social media accounts Friday afternoon, but others chimed in, on both sides of the argument:
- On both sides of the debate on gun control, there are calls for more attention to mental illness
- The twitterverse picked up on a surprise: a profound article on a website known mostly for celeb gossip and satire:
- And beyond opinions, there were facts.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.