Post-election, voters reflect on the candidates, issues
- Mid-Missouri Twitter users took note of national ballot issues regarding same-sex marriage and marijuana use.
- — Kyle Robert McGinnis (@KMcGizzle)Wed, Nov 07 2012 08:14:34It's safe to say that I feel extremely privileged to live in a country where the idea of same-sex marriage is relevant and agreeable
- — Joshua Giliberto (@Giliberto18)Wed, Nov 07 2012 07:53:28So proud of Maryland, Maine, Colorado, and the big winner, Washington State. Marriage equality and legalization are two huge steps forward!
- — AngelaBussey (@AngelaBussey)Wed, Nov 07 2012 07:34:57Shout out to the progress gay marriage and marijuana legalization made last night.. Wish I lived in a more progressive state.
- — Kaleb Doyle (@kalebdoyle)Wed, Nov 07 2012 06:51:03
- — Danielle Greenup (@danigreenup)Wed, Nov 07 2012 06:03:48I feel like people don't care about who won president as much as they care about how marijuana is now legal in Colorado. Lol #stonerproblems
- — Bryce Duis (@BryceDuis51)Wed, Nov 07 2012 05:30:21Can't believe what this world is coming to. Gay marriage legalized in more states legalizing drugs etc We have no morals anymore. #backward
- — Melanie Marie (@melaniemsteel)Wed, Nov 07 2012 05:13:39Liberals fought for free birth control, legal grounds to kill their own unborn children, and gay marriage. And won. Our country needs God.
- The fact that Proposition B, the statewide ballot issue which would have raised the tobacco tax, did not pass was of particular interest to voters.
- — Claudia Tran (@yupitsclauds)Tue, Nov 06 2012 21:32:39Usually Missouri makes fun of me for being from Kansas. Tonight, Kansas makes fun of me for being in Missouri because Prop B failed to pass.
- Voters had a range of reactions to Obama's re-election. Many seemed to just be happy that election season is over for now.
- — Cambridge Cates (@cambridgecates)Wed, Nov 07 2012 08:19:00There's nothing we can do now...congratulations Obama on becoming reelected. but Romney would've done a better job #RomneyRyan
- — Dana Mantz (@DanaMantz)Wed, Nov 07 2012 08:04:45
- — CoffeeColored (@BlckAnBEaUtiful)Wed, Nov 07 2012 06:56:28I was happy with the results from the election yesterday but I'm overall I hope Obama can do a better job then his last term
- — Rick Bottoms (@Bottoms_Up91)Wed, Nov 07 2012 06:47:35I lost a bet to a friend in the election, sadly, that will not be the last of my money going to people who didn't work for it. #obamacare
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.