Voters react on social media as election results roll in
- Reaction and highlights when President Obama took the stage for his victory speech:
- — Valirie Morgan (@valirie)Tue, Nov 06 2012 22:58:31@CoMissourian Romney did a great job making a gracious concession. Obama always delivers inspiring speeches and tonight was no exception.
- — Jimmy Paul (@JimmyJimmyPaul)Tue, Nov 06 2012 22:58:19"Democracy does not end with your vote. America has never been about what can be done for us, it's about what can be done by us." -Obama <3
- — Darrell Bass (@darrell_bass)Tue, Nov 06 2012 22:52:36Obama's understanding of the American spirit won him this election. Now shut up and get back to work. 'Merica #LoveItOrLeaveIt
- Reaction when Mitt Romney took the stage for his concession speech:
- — Jordan Kuehne (@jordo99)Tue, Nov 06 2012 21:59:57It's amazing how much better Romney is at public speaking when he's actually being honest and truthful about the matter at hand. Hmmm...
- — Darrell Bass (@darrell_bass)Tue, Nov 06 2012 21:59:12Props to Romney for being so gracious and eloquent in defeat. He's a great American. Wish I could say the same for many of his supporters.
- — Erika Westcott, PhD (@Erika_Westcott)Tue, Nov 06 2012 21:58:47To be honest, this concession speech is the most heartfelt and relatable thing I've heard from Romney.
- — Brian Dunckel (@BDrunkel)Tue, Nov 06 2012 21:56:46I hope you are all watching Mitt Romney talk right now and realizing what a great leader he would have been. It really is a shame
- As many news organizations reported that President Obama had won a second term, people around Columbia expressed mixed reactions.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.