Fans analyze Pressey's decision to enter draft
Phil Pressey, who announced today that he will enter the NBA draft, will leave Mizzou as the school's all-time assist leader, yet he has never won a game in the NCAA tournament.
- Phil Pressey's three years playing point guard for Mizzou were filled with ups and downs, and those ups and downs are reflected in the social media conversation today.First are some of the more snarky responses (of which there are plenty).
- — Rory (@Mizzou_Cardinal)Wed, Apr 10 2013 08:53:20I told my 5 year old Phil Pressey won't be back next year. He literally jumped for joy. He's smarter than a lot of delusional Mizzou fans!
- Some fans predict a less-than-stellar post-Mizzou career for Pressey.
- Some fans say Pressey will be missed next year, however, and say they have no problem with his decision to leave. (Despite some of these encouraging tweets, there is an obvious lack of people saying they think Pressey will be a successful NBA player.)
- — Vince Liccar (@vliccar)Wed, Apr 10 2013 09:06:57If Mizzou didn't have Phil Pressey, we wouldn't have even had a chance to win all of those close games he ended up losing for us. #TonyRomo
- — Jarrett Sutton (@JarrettSutton25)Wed, Apr 10 2013 08:50:41Best of luck, Flip! You'll be missed at Mizzou, best point guard to play for the Tigers. All the best in your future buddy. @philpressey
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.