Stub reviews: Top 5 Thanksgiving weekend movies
Over Thanksgiving weekend, theaters sold an estimated $295 million worth of tickets, breaking the record of $273 million set in 2009. We asked readers to tag their Instagram photos of ticket stubs #stubreview and share a brief review. The posts matched up with box office numbers. Here's our five.
1. 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2'
- "Breaking Dawn 2" was tops again at the box office, and we got several tagged posts about it. The following image incorporated a pair of felines with a pair of stubs.
- The series can be polarizing, as we saw from social media responses when the film came out.
- Still, there was lots of palpable interest from our Instagrammers. We got so many tags from "Breaking Dawn" that we can't show them all.
- Some of the readers claimed that they were dragged to see the film by significant others and/or friends.
- Some of our "Breaking Dawn" fans came from outside the United States. This reader saw it in the Philippines.
- And this person is from Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Still in the theaters, this movie did well in box offices, too.
- This reader called it the best "James Bond" film yet.
- This reader shared their pictures of "Skyfall" stubs, and said they also saw "Breaking Dawn."
- The film about the former president continued to garner a huge following.