It all started with a tweet.
A woman started using the #1ReasonWhy hashtag.
- Others used it, both women and men.
- — Sin-thia Weird (@Synthia_GS)Tue, Nov 27 2012 13:29:18We're still told by peers to aspire to be an ideal that we may have no interest in being. #1reasonwhy There's no one I'd rather be but me.
- — Adam Weaver (@sharklyedwards)Tue, Nov 27 2012 13:31:54I'm sick of 90% of games forcing me to play the exact same shaved-head, male protagonist. I like female protagonists too! #1reasonwhy
- — Faustine Faubert (@faustfaubert)Tue, Nov 27 2012 13:30:43
And then, people sprung to action with #1ReasonMentor.
- — Nicki Reamer (@NiDReamer)Tue, Nov 27 2012 13:18:02
- — Jen Myers (@antiheroine)Tue, Nov 27 2012 07:12:30Can anyone recommend resources/software/sites/people that could help my 7-year-old daughter learn about making video games? #1ReasonMentors