1. Update Aug 21, 2017 12:54 PM EDT: Police confirmed to The Associated Press that the person shot as the man suspected of driving a van into pedestrians in Barcelona last week was shot and killed by police Monday.
  2. Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, was wearing what appeared to be an explosives belt when he was shot in Subirats, about 30 miles west of Barcelona, according to the AP.
  3. Update Aug 21, 2017 12:28 PM EDT: Police confirmed to The Associated Press that the man identified as the suspected driver who rammed a van into pedestrians in Barcelona last week has been shot.
  4. Update Aug 21, 2017 11:21 AM EDT: Authorities shot a man wearing what appeared to be a possible explosives belt in the town of Subirats, about 28 miles west of Barcelona, according to The Associated Press.
  5. The wire service, citing Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia, had earlier reported that the man identified as the suspected driver of the van that mowed down pedestrians on Barcelona's La Ramblas street last week was apprehended in the town.
  6. Officials did not immediately confirm whether they had 22-year-old Younes Abouyaaqoub in custody.
  7. Update Aug 21, 2017 10:52 AM EDT: Citing Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia, The Associated Press reported that authorities apprehended the man suspected of driving the van that slammed into people on Barcelona's La Rambla Street on Thursday.
  8. The wire service noted that police did not confirm the report.
  9. Earlier Monday, police identified Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, as the suspected van driver.
  10. Update Aug 21, 2017 7:15 AM EDT: Death toll rises to 15, the Associated Press and ABC News reported. It was previously announced that 14 were killed - 13 in the deadly van attack in Barcelona and one woman killed in Cambrils.
  11. Update Aug 21, 2017 4:53 AM EDT: A suspect has been named in the Barcelona terror attacks.
  12. Update Aug 18, 2017 10:19 AM EDT: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson confirmed that an American was among the 14 people killed in a pair of attacks in Spain on Thursday and Friday.
  13. Update Aug 18, 2017 9:12 AM EDT: Authorities said none of the four suspects arrested in connection with Thursday's deadly van attack in Barcelona had any history of known terrorist activity, The Guardian reported.
  14. Police chief Josep Lluis Trapero, the lead investigator probing the attacks, identified the attackers as three Moroccan citizens and one Spanish citizen, according to the newspaper. He did not release their names but said the suspects were 21, 27, 28 and 34 years old.
  15. "It was a group," Trapero told the newspaper. "We do not know the specific number, but we do not rule out that they had other attacks in mind."
  16. Update Aug 18, 2017 9:08 AM EDT:
  17. Authorities believe that eight people were involved in the attack carried out Thursday on Barcelona's popular La Rambla street, Reuters reported, citing an unidentified judicial source.
Read next page