#1reasonwhy - Women Talk About Their Game Industry Experiences
Women involved with the game industry voiced their thoughts on sexism in both the workplace and in video games.
- — Sarah Kilby (@Kilbatron)Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:49:09#1reasonwhy because when greeting a man visiting from another gaming studio he turned to my boss and exclaimed "She's cuter than ours"
- — Rhianna Pratchett (@rhipratchett)Tue, Nov 27 2012 05:24:39#1reasonwhy Because creating appropriately dressed female characters is viewed as a rarity, rather than the norm.
- — Robin Yang (@robinyang)Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:50:04#1reasonwhy Because every woman I know has a story about being verbally or physically harassed when we dared to attend an event on our own.
- — Elizabeth DeLALALA (@elizabethdanger)Mon, Nov 26 2012 22:42:08Because it was okay for another writer to accuse me of having sex with PR reps for review copies out of jealousy. #1reasonwhy
- — Jane McGonigal (@avantgame)Mon, Nov 26 2012 22:32:00#1reasonwhy because there's not enough investment in AAA games about something other than war, cowboys, football, cars. sorry, but it's true
- — AsgardUp (@AsgardUp)Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:47:48#1reasonwhy because when I reveal where i work, lots of guys makes jokes about how I must have "earned" my position through my looks or sex
- — Samit Sarkar (@SamitSarkar)Tue, Nov 27 2012 09:31:43Aaaaaaaaaaand as the #1reasonwhy tweets keep flowing, I get a press release about "bondage gear" DLC costumes for Dead or Alive 5.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!