- Extra, extra, tweet all about it! Twitter's got a new logo!
- — Twitter API (@twitterapi)Wed, Jun 06 2012 09:06:38
- Gone is the old bird, along with the word Twitter or the lowercase 't'."Starting today you’ll begin to notice a simplified Twitter bird," the company announced on its blog. "From now on, this bird will be the universally recognizable symbol of Twitter."It's unclear why Twitter clipped the wings of the old logo, which it last refreshed in 2010 and had tweaked many times before.
- But it seems the new logo is meant to represent more closely the notion of "a bird in flight... the ultimate representation of freedom, hope and limitless possibility."
- Need more convincing?
- Many of Twitter's own users seemed to agree with the change.
- — Patricia Valoy (@Besito86)Wed, Jun 06 2012 13:30:18There is a new twitter logo. I like it better, looks like the bird is happy and in love. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151813111445061&set=a.10151483884095061.837946.500945955060&type=1&theater …com/photo.php?fbid=10151813111445061&set=a.10151483884095061.837946.500945955060&type=1&theater
- — Virginia Murdoch (@virginia)Wed, Jun 06 2012 13:30:02The new Twitter logo is a huge improvement – the bendy beak always annoyed me. http://blog.twitter.com/2012/06/taking-flight-twitterbird.html …com/2012/06/taking-flight-twitterbird.html
- Not everyone is a fan, of course.
- — Yvette Reitner (@evatronix)Wed, Jun 06 2012 12:03:26new twitter logo: not exactly reinventing the wheel, but not bad // http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/new-twitter-logo_b38843 …ro.com/prnewser/new-twitter-logo_b38843
- Meanwhile, some critics wondered what all the fuss was about. A logo change? For the birds!
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 4 already did!