Bachelor producer Elan Gale live-tweets feud with rude airline passenger
The Bachelor producer Elan Gale gave his Twitter followers the play-by-play during an epic note passing battle aboard a delayed flight on American Thanksgiving.
- UPDATE: Gale admitted on Monday Dec. 2 that the viral live-tweeted feud between himself and a fellow passenger named Diane aboard a Thanksgiving flight was a fabriaction. The Los Angeles native took to Twitter to reveal that Diane in 7A does not, in fact, exist.While no reason for perpetrating the hoax was given, Gale wrote "hopefully a few people got a few laughs over a slow Thanksgiving weekend."
- ORIGINAL STORY:
- American TV producer Elan Gale is being praised around the web for standing up to a rude woman aboard a delayed plane -- and live-tweeting the entire epic battle between passengers that ensued.As the story goes, Gale was waiting to fly from New York to Los Angeles on Nov. 28 -- Thanksgiving in the U.S. -- when his flight got delayed.Understandably, many passengers aboard the plane were upset over the prospect of missing their holiday dinners. But one passenger, identified only as "Diane" by Gale, was more vocal than the rest.Gale, who produces ABC's The Bachelor, vented his frustration at her behaviour on Twitter.
- Eventually, the plane took off -- but the drama didn't end there.
- Gale decided to send Diane a message in the form of a glass of wine with a note attached."Dear Lady in 7A, It has come to my attention that today is your 'Thanksgiving!' It must be hard to not be with your family. Please accept this glass of wine. It is a gift from me to you," he wrote. "Hopefully if you drink it, you won't be able to use your mouth to talk. Love Elan."
- As the flight went on, Gale sensed even more frustration among flight attendants over the woman's behaviour. "She's pushing her call button a lot," he wrote.Gale decided to send over two tiny vodka bottles, but flight attendants refused to deliver them. Eventually, he worked up the courage to drop the "present" off at her seat himself.
- Fifteen minutes later, a note arrived at Gale's seat. It was from the passenger in 7A:
- War indeed -- but what kind of war? Gale was uncertain as to what came next, so he weighed his options and gave his followers more information about Diane on Twitter.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 6 already did!
- Pippi KonstanskiSince when are cyber bullies heroes? I don't condone the woman's rude behavior, but what he did was uncalled for and unjustified. He was a bully, plain and...Since when are cyber bullies heroes? I don't condone the woman's rude behavior, but what he did was uncalled for and unjustified. He was a bully, plain and simple.more2013-11-30T23:00:59.564Z
- chipmunktubetopThis is f*uckin hilarious! I would have hit her back. Ungrateful, selfish b*tch.2013-11-30T21:10:41.428Z
- Kenneth CBI can believe he's not married.2013-11-30T13:52:50.758Z