- Actress Amy Jo Johnson has arguably had the most successful post-90's career out of all five original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers stars.
In the nearly 20 years since she retired her iconic pink ranger suit, Johnson has landed roles in dozens of TV shows and films including Felicity, E.R., Spin City and the Toronto-based cop drama Flashpoint.
She's also a singer, songwriter and musician with three studio albums under her belt — a background that likely came in handy this weekend while she sang in Toronto's Yonge-Dundas square as none other than the pink ranger (/ Kimberly Ann Hart.)
- Knowing that she was about to hit her $75,000 fundraising goal last week, Yost sent Johnson a message of support in the form of a video she posted to Instagram.
- While Johnson, 42, did express on Instagram that she was nervous to complete the challenge, she announced that she would be performing at the Toronto intersection Friday afternoon to celebrate the success of her Indiegogo campaign (which has since gone on to raise more than $100,000.)
- She got psyched up for the event that day by sharing a few photos and videos in which she wears the pink ranger costume at home.
- And then it was go time.
Both Johnson and lucky passers-by shared footage of the performance in progress on Twitter and Instagram.
- "Thank you to everyone who came out!! Omg! You made it so fun!!" said Johnson on Twitter following the performance as the internet swooned over the news that she had performed in her old costume.
She may no longer be a teenager with attitude, but as reaction to her appearance shows, she'll always be the pink ranger in our hearts.