Hologram Tupac appears at Coachella, then on Twitter
The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival began this weekend, and Sunday night's show was capped off with a performance by rappers Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, with a 'holographic' appearance by Tupac Shakur, who died in 1996.
- The Coachella performance was streamed live online via YouTube, so the projection of Tupac was seen not just by the estimated 225,000 people in attendance, but by millions more online.
- — Andre (Black Nerd) (@BlackNerd)Sun, Apr 15 2012 23:51:25Dr. Dre. Snoop. Warren G. Eminem. 50 Cent. Wiz Khalifa. Hologram Tupac. This is like the gangsta rap version of The Avengers. #CoachellaLive
- — ~Biggie Smalls~ (@ChantelleBREEZY)Mon, Apr 16 2012 00:32:43That Tupac hologram made it look like Pac had came back from the dead just to perform at Coachella, it looked so real, omg.
- — The Journalist (@That_BRODCSTR69)Mon, Apr 16 2012 08:06:14I swear that #Tupac video was live....It's kinda scary how they got his voice to say what's up Coachella....
- — Michael Eplee (@johny_epleseed)Mon, Apr 16 2012 07:46:28So in the future of music, not only will we wonder if they're lip-singing, we'll have to wonder if they're even real or not #hologramTupac
- — Bryan Noog (@BNugent3)Mon, Apr 16 2012 07:30:47
- — ZANE (@lace_nd_leather)Mon, Apr 16 2012 08:14:22NOW after this #hologramtupac just about EVERY dead person gonna have one..NEXT UP ~~> michael jackson, left eye, aaliyah & MORE
- Not everyone was crazy about the holographic tribute, though. Some fans of the late rap icon were disturbed by the image, claiming that Shakur wouldn't have condoned the performance.
- — Tamera Kremer (@tamera)Mon, Apr 16 2012 00:45:26Although I love Tupac, that "bringing him back to life" thing at #Coachella really creeped me out. We don't know if Tupac wld be down w/ it.
- — Will Pyne (@willy_mix)Mon, Apr 16 2012 08:56:51Re Tupac, gotta say I kind of agree with this chap questioning the taste of it all http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/16/2951750/coachella-tupac-performance-explanation-how-musion-mpc-peppers-ghost …com/2012/4/16/2951750/coachella-tupac-performance-explanation-how-musion-mpc-peppers-ghost
- — Tamera Kremer (@tamera)Mon, Apr 16 2012 00:47:03Tupac was a genius. His music lives on. Projecting him and having Snoop call and answer him is just, ummm, weird. And disturbing. #Coachella
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 5 already did!