- Is an apology enough after Russell Simmons, co-creator of hip-hop label Def Jam, posted a Harriet Tubman 'sex tape' on his new YouTube channel?
Many people were outraged after watching the video — now taken down — which reportedly shows the African-American abolitionist seducing white plantation owners, with a slave videotaping it from a closet.
It infers that the evidence of these sexual romps was used to blackmail the slave owners, helping Tubman free so many slaves in the late 1800s.
- Simmons was quick to respond to the criticism by taking it down, not before some people were able to take screenshots depicting Tubman and a plantation owner on a bed in various sexual positions, albeit fully clothed.
- Some people appreciated the retraction from Simmons, known as @UncleRUSH on Twitter, and let the incident slide.
- But many others remained angry and shocked by what they saw in the video, and that it was even posted in the first place.
- What do you think of Russell Simmons' apology?
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 19 already did!
- EmaKGathering respect will never be as hard for Russell Simmons as now, if he will even manage to get any respect back, ever!2013-08-20T11:14:34.952Z
- Ngt Avahttp://www.ngtavaevdenevenakliyat.com/2013-08-20T11:13:12.315Z
- Ngt Avahttp://www.ngtavaevdenevenakliyat.com/ evden eve nakliyat2013-08-20T11:12:53.065Z
- Teeth Whitening DenmarkThis is not funny. And yes I agree with you Leon, "No apology can ever undo what he has done".2013-08-20T09:16:36.083Z
- Cheryl LawsonWhat little respect there may have been for Russell Simmons is now gone.2013-08-19T22:21:50.199Z
- LeonNo apology can ever undo what he has done!2013-08-16T11:34:30.667Z