Clint Eastwood's bizarre rant to empty chair spurs Twitter jokes
- Legendary actor Clint Eastwood was the surprise speaker at the Republican National Convention last night. CSPAN has the complete, 12-minute speech - sometimes funny, sometimes odd, and it's what everyone is talking about:
- And liberal blog Think Progress edited together some of the stranger moments when Eastwood berates an imaginary President Obama sitting in an empty chair.
- Journalists, pundits and politicians following the convention didn't quite know what to make of it.
- — Michael Grunwald (@MikeGrunwald)Thu, Aug 30 2012 19:52:51Actual quote from the Clint Eastwood transcript: "Do you just - you know - I know - people were wondering - you don’t - handle that OK."
- — Michael Skolnik (@MichaelSkolnik)Thu, Aug 30 2012 19:14:28
- The cameras did, in fact, pick up the throat-slicing moment, clipped here by ABC News.
- Eastwood's admirers said the speech wasn't what they wanted to see from him.
- — Tom Brokaw (@tombrokaw)Thu, Aug 30 2012 19:21:23Clint Eastwood became huge star as a man of few words As a surprise guest on the Tampa stage he had too many words (I say as a friend)
- — Marc Ambinder (@marcambinder)Thu, Aug 30 2012 19:08:07I love Clint. But this is WEIRD. It's captivating. My hand is over my mouth, but I'm not sure what my next emotion is.
- But Eastwood did have his fans on Twitter.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- Fake Dave RapinClint is the man2012-08-31T16:36:49.308Z