PR & Wikipedia: From Contention to Cooperation
It's the first place your audience members go when they need to look something up: Wikipedia is one of the world's largest reference websites, attracting 400 million unique visitors monthly. In this session, you will:
- Get a 360-degree view of where public relations and Wikipedia intersect.
- Learn how the public relations industry and Wikipedia are now exploring a spirit of cooperation.
- Find out how to work with the Wikipedia community to serve the public interest of objectively accurate entries.
- Phil Gomes, SVP, Edelman Digital, @philgomes (moderator)
- Dave Coustan, VP, Content Strategy and Planning, Voce Communications, @extraface
- Constantin Basturea, VP, Strategy, Converseon, @cbasturea
- Jeff Taylor, Associate Strategist, New Media Strategies, @JeffreyATaylor
Audio recording (thanks to Eric Schwartzman):