PR & Wikipedia @ PRSA Digital Impact - April 3, 2012
Curated tweets from the CREWE team session.
- Resources:- CREWE (Corporate Representatives for Ethical Wikipedia Engagement): https://www.facebook.com/groups/crewe.group/ …- CREWE Wikipedia engagement chart v1.0: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CREWE_Wikipedia_Engagement_Flowchart.pdf …- PRSA DIgital Impact conference: http://www.prsa.org/Conferences/DigitalImpact/ …
- PR & Wikipedia: From Contention to Cooperation
It's the first place your audience members go when they need to look something up: Wikipedia is one of the world's largest reference websites, attracting 400 million unique visitors monthly. In this session, you will:- Get a 360-degree view of where public relations and Wikipedia intersect.- Learn how the public relations industry and Wikipedia are now exploring a spirit of cooperation.- Find out how to work with the Wikipedia community to serve the public interest of objectively accurate entries.
Panelists:- Phil Gomes, SVP, Edelman Digital, @philgomes (moderator)- Dave Coustan, VP, Content Strategy and Planning, Voce Communications, @extraface- Constantin Basturea, VP, Strategy, Converseon, @cbasturea- Jeff Taylor, Associate Strategist, New Media Strategies, @JeffreyATaylor
Audio recording (thanks to Eric Schwartzman):
- — Nick Lucido (@nicklucido)Tue, Apr 03 2012 11:41:21
- — Lauren K. Gray (@laurenkgray)Tue, Apr 03 2012 11:56:26
- — Joseph Thornley (@thornley)Tue, Apr 03 2012 11:57:40RT @ericschwartzman: Have u seen the Wikipedia engagement flow chart? [PDF] --> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CREWE_Wikipedia_Engagement_Flowchart.pdf …edPRSADIConfi/File:CREWE_Wikipedia_Engagement_Flowchart.pdf #PRSADIConf
- — Erica Wassinger (@EricaRS)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:06:36Wikipedia and PR. Theme: don't let your spin-side over rule the bare facts for your brand. It won't turn out well if you do. #PRSADIConf
- — PRSA's PR Tactics (@PRSAtactics)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:08:44
- — Stephen Pitalo (@StephenPitalo)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:09:44
- — Keith Trivitt (@KeithTrivitt)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:10:03"A brand's Wikipedia page represents a never-ending story of your company." good to remember for PR pros wanting to edit #PRSADIconf
- — Graham Davis (@grahamdavis)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:10:33
- — SNCR (@SNCR)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:19:23RT @ericschwartzman: Have u seen the Wikipedia engagement flow chart? [PDF] --> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CREWE_Wikipedia_Engagement_Flowchart.pdf …edprsadiconfi/File:CREWE_Wikipedia_Engagement_Flowchart.pdf #prsadiconf
- — EricSchwartzman (@ericschwartzman)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:20:46Wikipedia doesn't publish original research. To get articles edited, y not get more original research published & point 2 that? #PRSADIConf
- — Graham Davis (@grahamdavis)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:23:54
- — Keith Trivitt (@KeithTrivitt)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:31:09On PR pros editing Wikipedia: Stop thinking of it as "editing" entries but as presenting your brand's case for changes #PRSADIconf
- — PRSA's PR Tactics (@PRSAtactics)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:41:44
- — PRSA's PR Tactics (@PRSAtactics)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:54:30
- — EricSchwartzman (@ericschwartzman)Tue, Apr 03 2012 12:29:22
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.