Tips for avoiding the flu
USA TODAY reporter Elizabeth Weise answered questions during #fluchat about the effectiveness, safety and availability of the flu vaccine. She also shared tips for staying healthy during this flu season.
- — USA TODAY Health (@USATODAYhealth)Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:59:22Welcome to #fluchat. USA TODAY’s Elizabeth Weise, who covers breaking news, will answer questions. A transcript will be up later.
- — Elizabeth Weise (@eweise)Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:09:33And finally you’re much less likely to pass the flu on to others if you do get it because your viral load will be smaller. #fluchat
- — Elizabeth Weise (@eweise)Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:15:25But there’s enough vaccine to go around. You might have to call a few pharmacies or clinics to find it, depending on where you are. #fluchat
- — Elizabeth Weise (@eweise)Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:23:54I used to work in a hospital and the head nurse looked at my hands and told me they were too soft. I clearly wasn't washing enough! #fluchat
- — Mayo Clinic (@MayoClinic)Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:24:47
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.