Country Natural Beef co-founder Doc Hatfield dies
Eastern Oregon rancher Patrick Dale "Doc" Hatfield, who worked with his wife to form a unique cooperative to market beef in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, died Tuesday, March 20, 2012.
- Some of the early reaction to Hatfield's death on Twitter and Facebook.
- Doc Hatfield has been, and will continue to be one of my personal heroes. His impact on the cattle industry and on the people who were blessed enough to spend time with him will always be remembered. http://www.capitalpress.com/content/mw-Doc-Hatfield-dies-03-23-12?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter …
- sustainability: doc hatfield saw a way to help economically struggling ranch oregon families, improve the land, and deliver a product that consumers wanted. he was a leader and an aw-shucks country show-man; he started the brand that "mainstreamed" country beef/grass fed organic beef. this has now spread, far beyond oregon... thank you Eileen Brady for sharing his poem...that says it all, for all the senses.
- Doc and Connie Hatfield were selected for the Ag Connection Award from the Agri-Business Council of Oregon in 2009.
- The following links are from some of the news and Internet coverage the Hatfields and Country Natural Beef received for their unique marketing efforts and approach to ranching.
- BEEF Magazine selected Doc and Connie Hatfield as their industry Trailblazers in 2009.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.