Social media reaction to Marty Hurney's firing
Twitter blew up Monday morning with the news that Carolina Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney was fired. From players to the media, insights and analysis poured in immediately.
- — charles johnson (@randywattson)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:14:54Marty wasn't the reason we are losing! That's bs! Unbelievable! Marty might be the realist GM that I know #InMyMind BS BS BS BS!
- — Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:08:55Have to say I really don't get the firing of GM Marty Hurney at this time. I understand they've been disappointing but timing to me is odd
- — scott_fowler (@scott_fowler)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:15:30It was time for Panthers GM Marty Hurney to go -- and if I were Rivera I would be nervous. More thoughts: http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/10/it-was-time-for-hurney-to-go.html …s.blogspot.com/2012/10/it-was-time-for-hurney-to-go.html
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:28:00To the many questions, I would say, in short, that whoever takes over the football ops will clean house when they get here. How it works.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:29:36I'd say it's unlikely the Panthers would hire a coach-GM because it's flopped twice already. But Richardson's health a wild card here.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:30:12The things you have always been able to assume about the Panthers organization were thrown out the window this morning. No map now.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:36:16Good question. RT @JonAshDaniels: What happened between RR & Hurney? Absolutely no coordination between talent/style of play. Why was that?
- — Adam Caplan (@caplannfl)Mon, Oct 22 2012 06:59:53Just texted a GM with the Hurney news: "Sorry to hear that. But u can't pay 2 RBs and not run the ball. Something wasn't right there."
- — Adam Caplan (@caplannfl)Mon, Oct 22 2012 07:09:31Panthers did not announce who is going to take over for now. Brandon Beane is the highest ranking official left (director of football ops).
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.