Getting started with Twitter
Twitter is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with people, share your thoughts or links and build communites of like minded users. Find out how to get started, protect your privacy, create your profile and send tweets.
- Privacy & location settings: Before you get started, learn what the location and privacy settings in your Twitter account mean, and whether you should have them turned on or off.
- Profile: Setting up your account profile is important as it will allow people to see who you are and what you are interested in. Having a complete profile with information about yourself and your interests means people will be more likely to follow you.
- Following people: Finding and following other users is an important aspect of getting the most from Twitter. Here we search for other users and find out how to view other user account profiles to find more people to follow.
- Tweeting: Sending tweets is the essence of communication on Twitter. Discover how to send a tweet and who will see it.
- Mentions: Mentioning other users in your tweets is an important way to communicate and share the work of others. Also discover what happens if you include a user at the beginning of your tweet.
- Sharing links: Any tweet can contain links to another site, picture or video. This is a great way to share interesting resources.
- Now that you have the basics of Twitter, find out how to harness the true power of Twitter using hashtags and retweets in our Twitter networking guide.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!