Creative Commons For Objects Embedded in Blogs
Discussion about how to use Creative Commons for objects embedded in a WordPress blog which may have differing licence conditions.
- — briankelly (@briankelly)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:20:38@patlockley Ta. Am using a WP CC p[lugin and have no control over that. Am identifying requirements which your plugin might address?
- — patlockley (@patlockley)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:24:05@briankelly Wouldn't batch rely on knowing the rights on the pictures? If you've used pictures without permission that's a separate issue?
- — patlockley (@patlockley)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:26:28@briankelly so you'll need to assign the CC license for the blog according to that of the image? Or do the image attribution too?
- — briankelly (@briankelly)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:29:05@patlockley Blog is complex container. Surely it's a policy decision as to default licence to use: all open except .. or all closed except..
- — briankelly (@briankelly)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:32:52
- — jottevanger (@jottevanger)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:43:05@briankelly you have to work out the RDFa first. No good if the tools won't read it right. A mistake to label blog or whole post though...
- — briankelly (@briankelly)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:38:43@jottevanger Yes, need plugin to produce appropriate RDFa & tools to render. Am getting patchy results from OpenAttribute browser plugin
- — jottevanger (@jottevanger)Thu, Apr 21 2011 01:53:50@briankelly very interested to hear what you find out. I'm investigating what media metadata formats work for complex pages, similar problem
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.