Pepperoni rolls -- official WV food?
A food fight broke out after the West Virginia House of Delegates took up a resolution to make pepperoni rolls the official state food. Pepperoni rolls are wildly popular in WV, but what about biscuits and gravy, hot dogs with slaw or fried bologna sandwiches?
- — Dave Mistich (@davemistich)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:14:34HCR introduced today to declare the pepperoni roll the offical state food. @SpeakerThompson: "Clerk tells me I HAVE to refer that to rules."
- — Jared Hunt (@jaredwv)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:48:33Here's page for @wvhouse Concurrent Resolution 84 - Declaring "pepperoni roll" to be official State Food http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/Resolution_History.cfm?year=2013&sessiontype=RS&input4=84&billtype=cr&houseorig=h&btype=res ….wv.us/Bill_Status/Resolution_History.cfm?year=2013&sessiontype=RS&input4=84&billtype=cr&houseorig=h&btype=res
- — Jeff Jenkins (@JeffJenkinsMN)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:34:01Pepperoni roll resolution not passed--just introduced and sent to Rules Committee--not sure what the count is there..
- — Ann Ali (@StateJournalAnn)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:24:19The pepperoni roll resolution has to go through a committee first, y'all :) Maybe call your delegates to express your support?
- This wasn't completely out of left field. Pepperoni rolls were invented in West Virginia and are a culinary product of the state's coal mining heritage.
- Democracy, like a kitchen, can get messy. So the resolution became controversial.
- — Gina Shope (@G_Shope)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:38:36REALLY? The WV Legislature needs a resolution to make the pepperoni roll the official food of WV?? Aren't there more important issues?#FAIL
- — Lara Lawson (@laraste)Tue, Mar 19 2013 09:04:16Okay, it's alright to celebrate the pepperoni roll, but I don't think it should be the official state food...so many other healthy options.
- — Brandon Millman (@BrandonMillman)Tue, Mar 19 2013 09:03:07Seriously, some of the comments elevates this discussion to Pro/Anti-Coal levels. Why not a hot dog IN a pepperoni roll?!
- — Todd Carpenter (@compcarp)Tue, Mar 19 2013 12:33:07People scoff at making Pepperoni Rolls the official food of WV. Well, WV has 100 problems, but the Pepperoni Roll ain't one of them. #doit!
- — Andrew Little (@AJLittle304)Tue, Mar 19 2013 14:50:21Happy to hear that pepperoni rolls became the state food today but also a little disappointed, I had $500 on ramps. #WV
- Supporters of hot dogs with slaw -- another West Virginia delicacy -- were particularly stunned.
- — Jared Hunt (@jaredwv)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:45:10
- — WVHotDogs (@WVHotDogs)Tue, Mar 19 2013 14:11:10A legislative Alert from http://WVHotDogs.com n the dire Pepperoni Roll situation in the WV House. HCR84 #slslawpact http://wvhotdogblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/pepproni-roll-power-play.html …spot.com/2013/03/pepproni-roll-power-play.html
- Pepperoni roll procurement advice sprang up here and there.
- — Zack Harold (@ZackHarold)Tue, Mar 19 2013 08:49:04In last summer's #wvbucketlist, @charleywest recommended a pepperoni roll from Colasessano's in Fairmont http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201206200021 …om/News/statenews/201206200021
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.