Oh no! Regrettable Capito congressional WVU smack talk
Whose office doesn't have a little trash talk about sports now and then -- even if you're in Congress?
- It started with this shot across the bow from Cathy McMorris Rodgers, a Republican from the state of Washington.
- This is she -- the U.S. Representative for Washington's 5th congressional district.
- McMorris Rodgers is the descendant of pioneers who traveled the Oregon Trail in the early 1850s to the Pacific Northwest. She was raised on a farm and worked in her younger years at her family's business, the Peachcrest Fruit Basket Orchard and Fruit Stand in Kettle Falls, Wash. She is not a Gonzaga graduate. She earned a BA in Pre-law from Pensacola Christian College and earned her Executive MBA from the University of Washington.
- As GOP women serving in Congress, McMorris Rodgers and Capito likely know each other well. Here they are together, along with some other Republicans.
- Capito, a Duke graduate but a WVU fan, rose to the Twitter bait.
- Then it went on. I read it after I already knew the score of the WVU game. It made me say, in my head, "No, Shelley, no!"
- Their tweet for tat caught the eye of the Hill, the newspaper that covers Congress.
- Except the final score was 77-4 with Gonzaga as the winner. That produced a different kind of beltway headline.
- Well, at least it was a good time while it lasted.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.