Siena e dintorni - Siena and surroundings by Amina Sabatini (@amisaba)
- OPA Si Pass: just one ticket discounted valid for three days to visit Cathedral, Library, Museum, Panorama, Crypt, Baptistery. Extra tip: available on App Store Duomo Siena on payment.
- Today Feast of Sant'Antonio Abate. In Siena blessing of the stables which house the horse during the Palio
- NATIVITY from the masterpice Maestà of Duccio di Buoninsegna. Siena, Museo dell'OPA.
- VIA DEL FOSSO DI SANT'ANSANO; another hidden corner of # Siena where town and country meet.
- ORATORY OF PRISONS SAINT ANSANO, patron, Baptist and martyr of # Siena, and Rocchetta where the Holy prisoner continued his mission
- SOURCE OF THE BENEDECTINE NUNS, XIII-XIV century: the internal staircase connecting the source to the Convent
- TORCHES CAGE. Its 'content' suggests that serve to keep the exposed heads of the beheaded, but are rumors ...
- VICOLO DEL VERCHIONE connected in the past the arc of Due Porte. The word 'verchione' meant 'big bolt'
- CHAPEL built in the TERZO DI SAN MARTINO in the place where it was the church of San Giusto demolished in 1936
- VICOLO DELLE CARROZZE allowed the storage of the old cars of customers of the ancient Hotel and Tavern "La Scala"
- OSTERIA NONNA GINA, seasonal menu with “pici” by Dado and “gnocchi” by Lella. Amaretto and grappa offered by the owners.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.