How my awesome twitter username was stolen by a gang of teenagers for money and sex
Someone cracked my Twitter account and stole my username earlier today. What they did with it led me down a rabbit hole of security vulnerabilities, username black markets, and teen crushes.
- Of course, I'm not verified either.
- — Daniel Dennis Jones (@originalblanket)Sat, Sep 29 2012 15:34:16(I do get confused a lot for Michael Jackson's son, and people accidentally mention in me in tweets about crawling into bed)
- Saturday, September 29, that is.
- — Daniel Dennis Jones (@originalblanket)Sat, Sep 29 2012 15:34:41Tried to login and failed. Was still logged in on my phone though, and was panicked to see my tweet/follow counts at 0.
- — Daniel Dennis Jones (@originalblanket)Sat, Sep 29 2012 15:36:29
- A guy named Korea is selling my and other accounts on Forumkorner — which an admin admonishes him/her for.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 8 already did!
- Adam WrcakjoshOMG, thats bad.2012-10-31T17:44:44.218Z
- D Jonesvery true @judith!2012-10-02T13:24:40.165Z
- judith donaththough all in all, better for everyone then back before the internet when they'd be hotwiring your car and 2012-10-01T22:51:18.624Z
- raincoasterFantasic story. Sorry about missing your blanket. Schroeder can relate.2012-10-01T11:49:49.885Z