TrapWire: The Truth Behind The Hype
New emails released by WikiLeaks indicate that TrapWire, a defense contractor owned and operated by ex-CIA operatives, plays a key and troubling role in coordinating government and corporate surveillance . Many activists have gotten carried away, however, vastly overstating the scope of TrapWire.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 25 already did!
- Brian GivensVery interesting. In theroy, would be a very useful tool to monitor suspicios people, or if in the wrong hands (for all intents and purposes) could be a...Very interesting. In theroy, would be a very useful tool to monitor suspicios people, or if in the wrong hands (for all intents and purposes) could be a powerful weapon wielded against the very people it was "designed" to protect.more2012-11-03T04:13:54.306Z
- Sharon GordonYes I found your acticle very interesting and informative...Thank you Ben Doernberg2012-08-13T08:26:55.227Z
- SamizdataDotOrgYay the net for making such reports possible and accessible.2012-08-12T04:16:04.852Z
- catiThis is an excellent public service 2012-08-11T14:22:01.651Z
- Eric RibackA search of nytimes.com for TrapWire or Trapwire brings 0 results2012-08-10T21:41:09.313Z
- The PE ReaderAgreed. Well done, sir!2012-08-10T16:02:13.954Z
- Huckleberry HartWow. Incredible report Ben.2012-08-10T03:53:50.706Z