Liverpool's Sea Odyssey - day 3
The final day of Liverpool's spectacular giant puppet show
- Today's show began at King's Dock, the day after Little Girl Giant and Uncle were reunited. Little Girl Giant received her letter from Uncle, and Artistic director Jean-Luc Courcoult read aloud her father's words, which assured Little Girl Giant he was at peace.
- Little Girl Giant responded by hitting the dancefloor.
- The puppets then paraded along the waterfront for one last time.
- On The Strand a pair of giant cymbals crashed together and a cannon blasted letters and postcards into the crowd.
- Passing the stripy White Star Line Building of Titanic's owners, the puppets were finally hoisted onto their boat - the James Jackson Grundy - and shipped off down the Mersey in a cloud of billowing smoke.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.