#50tips: E.L. James' Writing Tips
On Monday, Vintage Books announced that they will be publishing a journal featuring "writing advice" from E.L. James, author of the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. Sarah Wendell (@smartbitches on Twitter) started a hashtag, #50tips, to dispense E.L. James writing advice. Here are some of my faves.
- — Sarah Wendell (@SmartBitches)Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:52:15#50tips Don't worry if you don't actually know anything about complex subjects like BDSM or corporate business. Just make shit up.
- — Sarah M. Anderson (@SarahMAnderson1)Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:59:44
- — Nick Hurwitch (@heWIZARD)Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:02:50
- — Kayleigh Anne (@Ceilidhann)Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:03:09#50tips Frequently remind your readers that one of your characters is Latino by having him repeatedly say "Dios mio!" Casual racism works!
- — katiebabs (@katiebabs)Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:27:02#50tips when writing a hero, make sure he's uber rich, handsome and can pilot a helicopter. Readers will forgive his psychotic tendencies.
- — Andrew Shaffer (@andrewtshaffer)Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:04:50
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!