TOV Hillel Sandy Relief Mission
15 Hillel students from across Illinois travel to New York to help rebuild communities devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
- This is one amazing group of college students. They spent their first few days of winter break, after taking finals, to fly, drive and take the train to NYC to help out families and communities affected by Sandy. They worked so hard and kept smiles on their faces the entire time.
- Deeply humbled by the resilience of those who lost everything but are moving forward, inspired by the long-term volunteers devoting weeks or even months to helping people get back on their feet again, and energized by the passion and thoughtfulness of 14 students who went straight from finals to begin their breaks by volunteering. Feeling grateful for all that I have, and thankful to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nechama-Jewish-Response-to-Disaster/120301938394?group_id=0 …" class="">Nechama Jewish Response to Disaster, http://www.facebook.com/tov.volunteer?group_id=0 …" class="">TOV Volunteer Network (JUF), http://www.facebook.com/NorthwesternHillel?group_id=0 …" class="">Northwestern Hillel, and our AMAZING group of students for a powerful three days of Sandy Relief work in NY.
- So impressed that over half of the group stayed after the trip to continue working with Nechama!
- Our amazing partner, Nechama is in the news!
- Working on a demo for a lovely lady in Far Rockaways, NY so her and her family can begin to rebuild.
- Rollin, rollin, rolling...
- Maor goes to town on this kitchen.
- Kitchen After!
- knock, knock...who's there? Alison and Sarah from Northwestern Hillel!
- Ezra (UIC) and Barrett (UIC) tore up floors like it was no one's business!
- Fayge (Oaktown) is pumped to be on Alternative Winter Break with Hillel!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.