Local weekend headlines, Jan. 6-8
Weekend stories (we worked hard on) you may have missed.
- FRIDAY: In addition to recounting the adventures of giant waves crashing along our coastlines was a story about how social media mistakenly spread a rumor about a popular doughnut shop's closure.
- SATURDAY: A long-time equestrian club is out of time to find a new home, a disabled train passenger gets his day in court and a young woman who pled guilty to hit-and-run for leaving a decorated Marine for dead on a Rancho Bernardo street, is sentenced.
- SUNDAY: How the governor's budget proposal could affect the state's youngest pupils, data shows more people moving into the state than leaving (reversing an 11-year trend), while a different set of data shows voter registration rolls are slightly more Democrat than Republican.
- MOST POPULAR PHOTO GALLERY
- CRIME AND PUBLIC SAFETY PAGE
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.