Alec Baldwin kicked off American Airlines flight for playing Words with Friends
This was too good not to Storify. Alec Baldwin has Words with Flight Attendants.
- Former COO of MTV Networks and current head of Activate was on the same plane as Alec Baldwin, and was one of the first to tweet that Baldwin was kicked off the flight.
- TMZ reaches out to Wolf to try and get more information.
- Finally Alec tweeted about the incident just about an hour after Wolf.
- — Alec Baldwin (@AlecBaldwin)Tue, Dec 06 2011 14:01:29Flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving. #nowonderamericaairisbankrupt
- TMZ and other media outlets began to run it.
- Baldwin continued to rant over Twitter about the incident.
- — Alec Baldwin (@AlecBaldwin)Tue, Dec 06 2011 14:37:12
- Many folks weighed in with their take.
- — Anil Dash (@anildash)Tue, Dec 06 2011 14:06:05@AlecBaldwin A great time to encourage people to sign this @whitehouse petition allowing electronics during flight: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/allow-airline-passengers-use-electronic-devices-airplane-mode-during-takeoff-and-landing/w0Ffh5fb …
- — felix salmon (@felixsalmon)Tue, Dec 06 2011 14:13:15When they make me turn off my personal electronic device, it's annoying. When they do it to @AlecBaldwin, it's FASCISM, people!
- American Airlines tried to reach out to Baldwin to provide some customer assistance or perhaps to try and perform some PR triage.
- American Airlines releases more information about what the crew of Baldwin's flight had to say.
- — Breaking News (@BreakingNews)Wed, Dec 07 2011 07:58:10Update: American Airlines says Alec Baldwin took phone to lavatory, slammed door so hard cockpit crew became alarmed http://on.fb.me/sdboeS eS
- A day later, Alec deactivates his Twitter account.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.