Live Healthy Live Grand at Grand Hotel
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan teams up to give Grand Hotel guests healthy food options, exercise
- Located where the waters of lakes Huron and Michigan come together, Mackinac Island has long served as a summer destination for people from around the world.
- With its fine dining and all-inclusive resort amenities, Grand Hotel is the standard for hospitality and luxury on Mackinac. This week, Grand Hotel hosted a special recognition of its exclusive, "Live Healthy, Live Grand" partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Live Healthy Live Grand promotes wellness through healthy eating and exercise. A day planner is given free to all guests. Including facts about the historic hotel and healthy recipes created by Grand Hotel's master chef, the planner can be taken home as a memento, and guide to a healthier lifestyle.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield certifies several Grand Hotel menu items as Live Healthy Live Grand selections. The menu changes daily. The root vegetable tart is one of the delicious healthy choices.
- Live Healthy Live Grand also includes the many exercise options available to Grand Hotel guests, including the "Vita Course," a cross-country running course with a series of exercise modules located near the hotel's pool.
- This week, as part of the special recognition of the partnership, Kathryn Levine, VP for corporate marketing and customer experience at BCBSM, led morning yoga for Grand Hotel guests.
- Blue Cross also sponsored some fun games for kids and families, held on the Tea Garden lawn.
- The Musser family, owners of Grand Hotel for generations, are incredible supporters of the Live Healthy Live Grand partnership and our collective efforts to make sure that people's commitment to wellness never takes a vacation - even while they are on vacation.
- The weekend of August 16-18, BCBSM will be back at Grand Hotel with a unique series of Live Healthy Live Grand activities, including personalized wellness consultations for guests, a hike through the beautiful forest of Mackinac Island, and a special healthy gourmet cooking event. Until then, we thank our partners at Grand Hotel for their commitment to a healthier future for their guests, and all of Michigan.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.