Judging at the N.C. Seafood Festival
News & Observer food writer Andrea Weigl judged the chefs' cooking competition in Morehead City, N.C. on Sunday. She helped judge four rounds involving eight chefs, sending two to the finals. Secret ingredient: sea trout. The public choose the winner after sampling the chefs' dishes.
- Sea trout on top of risotto with asparagus from Chef Gus Headington of Soundside Restaurant of Morehead City.
- Sea trout with fried rice and sauteed shiitake mushrooms from chef Gerry Fong of Persimmons Restaurant in New Bern.
- — Amy Brinkley (@theblondcook)Sun, Oct 06 2013 09:34:16
- — andrea weigl (@andreaweigl)Sun, Oct 06 2013 10:50:09So excited to taste next round of chefs cook-off @NCSeafoodFestiv: looks like fried fish & pimento cheese from Banks grill
- — andrea weigl (@andreaweigl)Sun, Oct 06 2013 11:51:31Sea trout 3ways: italian, asian & southwestern & the first foray into molecular gastronomy with various flavored pearls @NCSeafoodFestiv
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.