Utopia or Dystopia
Elements New future Blood and Chrome
Blood and Chrome
- Dr. Gaius Baltar: Something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I will choose to call this something, "God." A singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself, you will find this spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth about others, see what they are, the truth about them. And you know what the truth is, the truth about them, about you, about me. Do you? The truth is we are all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect, and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect just as you are.
"Battlestar Galactica: Escape Velocity (#4.4)"
- Doctor Gaius Baltar: Were you aware of your true nature as a Cylon when you boarded the ship? Or would you describe you as a sleeper agent?
Gina: I knew what I was. I was a soldier. I-I had a mission, I carried it out. I thought that when it was done I was going to die. That you would kill me. Then I- then I would download into a new body... be reborn. But you didn't kill me... The things you did to me...
Doctor Gaius Baltar: What they did to you was wrong. Evil. But I'm not one of them. You have to believe me. Things are going to get better for you. From this moment on. I promise.
Gina: I don't want things to get better. I want to die.
"Battlestar Galáctica,: Resurrection Ship: Part 1 (#2.11)"
- First the shift of Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants that are taken in the lecture, second the mind framework of neuroconections: http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Attractor_networkthe … main point is the "Freeman´s attractor model" .
- Lieutenant Alastair Thorne: [Dr. Baltar has been asked aboard the Battlestar Pegasus to examine their "Cylon prisoner"] Don't get too close. It killed seven of my crew. Do you want my guards to come in with you?
Number Six: Feeling scared, Gaius? Want the big, bad soldiers to protect you from the mean old Cylon prisoner?
Doctor Gaius Baltar: No, I think we'll be just fine. Thank you.
[the Cylon Prisoner is shackled to the floor]
Number Six: Oh, my God.
[the Cylon comes into full view]
Number Six: My God, Gaius, it's me! Look at what they've done to her!
Doctor Gaius Baltar: Open the door, now, please.
Computer Voice: ID confirmed. Lieutenant Thorne.
[the door opens and Baltar instantly covers his face with a handkerchief]
Doctor Gaius Baltar: [Baltar examines the other Number Six: she is in a catatonic state] She must have struggled. She must have fought back.
Number Six: [crying] That doesn't justify this!
Doctor Gaius Baltar: My name is Gaius Baltar and I am here to help you.
- Dr. Gaius Baltar: I gave the access codes to the Cylons. They wiped out most of humanity. Of course, I didn't know what I was doing at the time exactly, but that's what I did. And when I realized what I had done, the magnitude, in that moment I was saved. I was loved. By God. Looking back, I think I was rewarded.
President Laura Roslin: Rewarded?
Dr. Gaius Baltar: Pythia talks about a flood. Wiped out most of humanity. Nobody blames the flood. The flood is a force of nature. Through the flood mankind is rejuvenated, born again. I was another flood, you see. I blamed myself. I blamed myself. But God made the man that made that choice. God made us all perfect. And in that thought, all my guilt flies away. Flies away like a bird.
"Battlestar Galáctica: The Hub (#4.9)"
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.