American Graduate Day
Public Media launched the first-ever AMERICAN GRADUATE DAY on September 22, 2012. The multi-platform event featured local and national programming, partners, and celebrities focused on improving high school graduation rates in America.
- CPB President and CEO Pat Harrison and Co-Chair of Grad Nation, America's Promise Alliance Michael Powell kicked off the broadcast with PBS NewsHour senior correspondent Ray Suarez. APA's Grad Nation and American Graduate are teaming together to motivate Americans to take action and help raise graduation rates.
- — NPR's Tell Me More (@TellMeMoreNPR)Sat, Sep 22 2012 16:17:12
- The event featured 20 national partner organizations along with celebrities and athletes to spotlight solutions to the nation’s dropout crisis in which one in four students do not finish high school. These participants joined in the real-time conversation with viewers and public media.
- — Juju Chang (@JujuChangABC)Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:53:21
- — Jumpstart (@Jumpstartkids)Sat, Sep 22 2012 13:13:26
- — America SCORES (@americascores)Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:15:45
- — Girls Inc. (@girls_inc)Sat, Sep 22 2012 13:46:30
- — AfterSchool AllStars (@ASASafterschool)Tue, Sep 25 2012 18:45:14
- — buildOn (@buildOnEmpowers)Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:05:01
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!