Are geologists mostly lefties?
Geologists are often distinguished by an affinity for beer, fleeces and road cuts - but are there more distinctive marks of the earth science tribe?
- Fellow all-geo blogger Simon Wellings had noticed something weird about some of the geologists he went to school with: 4 in 10 of them were left-handed.
- This compares to only about 1 in 10 of the wider population being left handed, according to the Internet.
- The question Simon had was: was his anecdotal observation meaningful. If it is, interesting research might ensue. I decided to help out with the data collection by asking Twitter.
- A few fellow lefties chimed in:
- But a horde of right-handed geo-types were also weighing in.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.