#WinterOfLove: Looking back, looking forward on #marriagequality
Around the Bay Area and beyond, many remarked Wednesday on legal and social changes in the decade since then-Mayor Gavin Newsom authorized San Francisco officials to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- In the run-up , observers and participants shared memories and plans on social media:
- — Kristin Bartus (@kristinbartus)Wed, Feb 05 2014 10:19:10
- — Cheryl Dumesnil (@lovesong4babyx)Mon, Feb 10 2014 06:41:33LGBT parent/activist quandary: go to 10th anniversary celebration of #winteroflove or to mandatory little league info meeting?
- — Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom)Mon, Feb 10 2014 11:01:55On this day in 2004: @sfbos passed a resolution commending MA for repealing it's ban on same-sex marriage: http://www.sfbos.org/ftp/uploadedfiles/bdsupvrs/resolutions04/r0149-04.pdf …
- — Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom)Mon, Feb 10 2014 14:22:33Today in 2004: A letter was sent to the county clerk to see what changes can be made to make marriage forms equal http://www.tolerance.org/sites/default/files/general/tt_marriage_equality_2.pdf …
- — Cheryl Dumesnil (@lovesong4babyx)Tue, Feb 11 2014 19:26:4510th anniversary of #winteroflove. 10th anni of conception of my firstborn. 1st anni of pub of Love Song for Baby X. Much to celebrate 2/12.
- — Sing n Play (@SingnPlay)Wed, Feb 12 2014 01:55:0810 yrs since WinterOfLove when SF had 1st same sex marriages. @GavinNewsom was amazingly courageous, not knowing what it wld do 2 his career
- — Steve Silberman (@stevesilberman)Wed, Feb 12 2014 07:06:32Solid majority of Catholics support marriage equality; bishops, Vatican out of touch. http://wapo.st/LUw0T0
- — Karen Oliveto (@RevKarenOliveto)Wed, Feb 12 2014 08:39:17What a difference a decade makes! #winteroflove #marriageequality #sanfrancisco http://karenoliveto.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-difference-decade-makes.html …
- — City of SanFrancisco (@sfgov)Wed, Feb 12 2014 10:05:42Ten Years Ago Today, San Francisco Set The Stage For Marriage Equality. Come celebrate the 10th Anniversary of... http://fb.me/6XSNXiQ0e
- — Christopher Woodson (@RaggedyDandy)Wed, Feb 12 2014 12:31:15In all seriousness though, the only real hope for "equality" is the abolishment of *all* marriage, along with all the *benefits* it provides
- — CourageCampaign (@CourageCampaign)Wed, Feb 12 2014 12:52:21
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.