How we celebrated Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 #TLAPD
Avast! Here be Thursday's tale of how hundreds raised the Jolly Roger in pursuit of amusement and other treasures ...
- "Ever since Dave Barry mentioned us in his nationally syndicated newspaper column in 2002, what once was a goofy idea celebrated by a handful of friends has turned into an international phenomenon that shows no sign of letting up. Maybe you read about us on line.. Maybe you caught one of our radio or TV interviews. Or maybe you just stumbled on to our site while googling around for sites your mother probably wouldn't approve of. Or perhaps you're one of the millions of people from South Africa to the South Pole, from New York to the Pacific Northwest, who've made it your own personal excuse to party like pirates every September 19th (and sometimes for days before and after)!"
- And here be the official link to the day's site, wherein vast treasure awaits:
- And if yer' needin' a compass to steer by, here be video tutorials, an audio tribute and a step-by-step text to get a peg leg up:
- And no tale's complete without word from one o' the day's co-founders himself:
- Here below, look upon the dastardly crew who set sail to celebrate early:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!