Reaction: @SFBART @rideact give 72-hour strike notice
Update: Social media users began planning in earnest Friday after Bay Area Rapid Transit union representatives said workers may walk Monday if this weekend's contract negotiations fail
- Update: Reactions late Thursday and early Friday doubled down on worries about impact and wishes for resolution, with more than a little frustration about potential inconvenience:
- "[...] Shortly before 11 pm Thursday, BART received written notification from two of its unions that they may go on strike as early as July 1, 2013. The letters did, however, indicate that both unions preferred not to take this step and intended to continue negotiations. [...]"
- — Sal Castaneda (@sal_castaneda)Thu, Jun 27 2013 19:35:38I was around for the last #BART strike. It was awful for every commuter not just train riders. If there's one this time it will be worse.
- — Max Moore (@maxmoore2love)Thu, Jun 27 2013 20:17:43
- — Katie Marzullo (@KatieABC7)Fri, Jun 28 2013 06:33:20
- — Sam Greenspan (@samlistens)Fri, Jun 28 2013 07:53:10
- — We Make BART Work (@wemakebartwork)Fri, Jun 28 2013 08:40:38Tell BART to stop with the politics! Today at 5pm 344 20th ST 3rd floor. ATU will be at Directors meeting! Let your voice be heard! #BART
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!