Reaction: #Pope #Benedict XVI @Pontifex to resign
The man who led the Roman Catholic Church since April 2005 cited age and health as reasons he will step down at month's end
- — Archdiocese of SF (@ArchdioceseSF)Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:11:27
- — Iya S. Santos (@iyassantos)Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:22:42Praying for the Pope's good health! Hopefully, the next one is physically stronger and as spiritually driven as Pope Benedict XVI. @Pontifex
- — Matt Estrada (@matt3boii)Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:33:36Benedict to step down at the end of the month; new pope by mid march. Oh man! Just gives me another reason to visit rome again.
- — Joybelyn Mendoza (@JoyBeLyn)Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:04:14One can consider Pope Benedict's resignation an act of unselfishness, genuine love and concern for the state of the church today.
- — nongnong tuazon (@nong2nong)Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:04:39Must be a very necessary decision to make. Pope Benedict must have cried a lot! We should pray for him. And for his successor too!
- — Leiandrea Maria (@leiandreamaria)Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:15:38Pope Benedict, with his traditionalist views, set the church back 50 years. He basically erased the progress Pope John Paul II made.
- — Shawn Morel (@strangemonad)Mon, Feb 11 2013 05:48:25I for one am glad @Pontifex Benedict is redesigning. John Paul II was a great unifier and modernizer. Benedict undid and marginalized
- — Nick Occhipinti (@nyocean)Mon, Feb 11 2013 06:07:38Over half of the trending topics are about the Pope Benedict resigning on Feb. 28th. Wow...holy smokes 4real...when they pick the new one...
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.