Reaction: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev @J_tsar on @RollingStone cover
Social media erupts Wednesday after venerable music magazine uses a picture of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect
- Reaction in Boston:
- — The Boston Globe (@BostonGlobe)Wed, Jul 17 2013 09:46:32CVS stores won't sell Rolling Stone mag with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on cover "out of respect for the victims of the attack and their loved ones"
- Assorted reaction from around Twitter:
- — Jack Osbourne (@MrJackO)Tue, Jul 16 2013 18:59:06why not put all of the victims on the cover? or all of the brave men & women who have died fight the war? #boycottRollingStoneMagazine
- — Dan Kennedy (@dankennedy_nu)Wed, Jul 17 2013 06:30:55No, @RollingStone is not glamorizing Tsarnaev. But #Northeastern’s Jack Levin raises a different concern: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/07/17/rolling-stone-features-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-on-cover/ …ent/…
- — Eugene Mirman (@EugeneMirman)Wed, Jul 17 2013 07:03:06People are outraged by Dzhokhar Tsarnaev being on the cover of Rolling Stone, but they haven't even heard his cover of Peace Train yet.
- — Kelly Osbourne (@KellyOsbourne)Wed, Jul 17 2013 08:42:30
- — Dan Kennedy (@dankennedy_nu)Wed, Jul 17 2013 10:13:38New blog post: Some thoughts on that @RollingStone cover. http://dankennedy.net/2013/07/17/some-thoughts-on-that-rolling-stone-cover/ …/17/som…
- — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:34:22Only in America can a Jihadi thug who murdered women and children be nursed back to health & then get a @RollingStone cover.
- — Dan Kennedy (@dankennedy_nu)Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:25:55
- — Dan Kennedy (@dankennedy_nu)Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:34:08I have never seen @RollingStone at any of the outlets that are refusing to carry it. Wake me when Barnes & Noble checks in.
- — Adam Baron (@adammbaron)Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:51:06The rolling stone's 'controversial' Boston bomber cover article is a fascinating, well written piece of reporting. http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/jahars-world-20130717 …re/news/j…
- — Heather Long (@byHeatherLong)Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:52:09Hear both sides: a Pro/Con on the #RollingStone cover: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/17/rolling-stone-boston-bomber-cover-debate …isfree/…
- — Matt DeRienzo (@mattderienzo)Wed, Jul 17 2013 13:12:06Late to the party, but is it just me, or does Rolling Stone controversy hinge 100% on how glamorous a photo they used?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.