Reaction: @BarackObama: #Trayvon 'could have been me'
Select social media posts assessing the president's unexpected statements Friday on the Florida jury's not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial for the slaying of a Florida teenager, possible reforms for Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law and other gun policies, and America's racial history
- Reaction from around Northern California and beyond:
- — Joy Reid (@TheReidReport)Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:40:01Obama: black folks understand the challenges faced by black boys. They get upset when the context is being ignored and denied.
- — Sasha Veliko-Shapko (@TheLastRussian)Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:40:48If Obama could stop talking about how trayvon could've been his son or himself years ago, that'd be great
- — Jonathan Korman (@miniver)Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:40:54"Trayvon Martin could've been me, 35 years ago" MT @JamilSmith I never thought I'd hear an American president say these things.
- — #Justice4Trayvon (@jcrillz)Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:50:39If Trayvon would've been armed and killed GZ in self defense, he'd have been found guilty of murder. Same problem exists here.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.